Friday, July 2, 2010

Where things stand...

So it's time to offer pseudonyms to my two suitors.

Guy #1 (polysyllabic):
Married, more kids than I have. He works about 20 minutes from my home. He's quite attractive, quick-witted, and we had excellent chemistry in a 30-minute phone conversation on Wednesday. We know some of the same people, it turns out, but not in the same contexts. We had originally planned to meet for coffee and potential kisses early this morning, but he ended up stuck at home with sick kids, and couldn't get out. His e-mail apologizing about being unable to meet was sweet and funny, and I think I'm hoping he'll win. Henceforth, I'm going to call him "Mongo", due to a shared love for of Blazing Saddles.

Guy #2 (refrigerator):
Married, no kids. He's new to this kind of rodeo, and I think he's going to chicken out. He hasn't told me his first name because it's terribly rare, he says. He's sent photos, and he's cute enough. He lives farther away, though will be moving closer soonish. We seem to have good enough chemistry. I think he's just the spare in case Mongo doesn't work out, which isn't really fair, is it? He wanted to meet tomorrow, but I've got family in town all weekend, so that's not going to happen. There will be other days. He can now be "Dude X".

It's a holiday weekend here, so my guess is that nothing will move forward on either front between now and then. I may get laid, though -- a couple I've enjoyed a few threesomes with in the past are having a birthday weekend for her, and I'm meeting them at a bar tonight and going to a BBQ at their house tomorrow night after discharging my kids on my mom. Updates as the situation warrants.

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited to hear what happens! I'm sure you'll keep us posted though! :) Oh and well played with "Mongo" and the love of Blazing Saddles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo.... given the friends with whom you've had a threesome... this weekend shouldn't be a total waste... no? ;o)

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, this sounds exciting. I can't wait for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blazing Saddles is a fantastic movie! :-)

    ReplyDelete